Friday, March 21, 2008

Yes, She's STILL Sick:-(

Brooke was up many times last night with that same old 103 degree fever. She was restless, unhappy, and very upset. This morning she woke up wheezing severely and almost gasping for air. Her lungs sounded awful and I was VERY concerned for her. I don't love taking her to the doctor several times in one week, but my gut told me that I should take her in. The doctor's office was closing early due to the holiday weekend, but Brooke's doctor said he would fit her in, even if he had to stay late. He's just the best!

So, as it turns out, my little girl not only has a nasty case of bronchitis, but she also has an ear infection:-( He said that it's a VERY good thing that I brought her in because it was have definitely escalated over the weekend and more than likely she would have ended up in the hospital. He patted me on the back and in his Indian accent commended me for "Being such a good mommy and bringing her back in." Right then and there they gave Brooke a breathing treatment, which opened up her airways. We also had a machine delivered to our house (that we had to buy) so we can give her a treatment every 4-6 hours. She hates them but they really help her out a whole lot. She's also on an antibiotic to treat her ear infection. This her first ear infection ever so we've been lucky up until this point.

Please pray for my baby. She's really, really sick and I'm just praying that God will heal her and that she'll be back to herself in no time. The doctor said that tomorrow she should be a lot better, now that she's on medication. Hopefully that's the case!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear Brooke is so sick! It's horrible when you're sick like that as an adult and know how to take care of yourself let alone being a one year old. Well, I'm thinkin about you guys and praying for you! Sorry I haven't commented in so long. Hopefully I'll talk to you soon!