Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Sick Baby

My poor princess woke up every couple of hours last night just burning up. I kept alternating the Ibuprofen and the Tylenol and she ended up sleeping a long stretch from 4-9 this morning. As soon as she woke up I could tell that she had a really high fever because she was hot to the touch and she was shaking. Her temperature was 104! I felt so bad for her because she was miserable and pitiful.

There's a nasty virus going around but I I took her into the doctor, just to eliminate the chance of her having an ear infection of strep throat. Sure enough, the doctor said that it's just that virus and that there was nothing that he could do for her. Unfortunately for Brooke, he said that it will probably last for another couple of days. I just want my precious baby to be better NOW!

My mom gave up her lunch hour to meet me at the doctor's office so I wouldn't have to go alone. I thought that was really sweet of her. I was really touched that she cared that much.... Not that I'm surprised though! My mom always shows me she loves me.

Brookie has been SO lethargic today. All she's wanted to do is nurse, cuddle, and sleep. She fell asleep on the way home from the doctor at around 12 and then she slept in her crib until 2:15. This was a great reprieve for me because I did ALL our laundry, scrubbed the floors, made dinner and took out the trash and recycling. Not too shabby! She woke up for about 15 minutes, which was long enough for her to inhale some juice and a whole container of yogurt. She then wanted to nurse and she went to sleep for another hour! She did the same thing AGAIN.. She woke up to play for a few minutes only to go to sleep for another 40 minutes. I hardly knew what to do with myself. She also went to bed for the night at 6:15. I couldn't keep her awake any longer.

As I spent my day with Brooke and around the house, I realized how very blessed and lucky I am to have the great life that I do. I am so privileged to be able to stay home with my daughter without having to worry about how the bills will be paid. John works so hard so I can focus on the matters of the house and take good care of Brookie. I love the quiet moments when she's sleeping so I can do my housework. I also love when she wakes up because she is such a joy to have around. That kid has placed a perpetual smile on my face. It's true:-) Life is good. The fact that Brooke is sick has reminded me of how very, very much I LOVE caring for her.

Well, I'm off to go spend some time with John. I can't wait to curl up next to him on the couch and relax for once. I hope Brooke sleeps well so our time together doesn't have to end too soon!

No comments: