Monday, March 31, 2008

Hooray For OPENING DAY!!!!!

Today marks the first day of the Yankees' regular season. Growing up in a household of Yankees fans, I've turned into quite the fan myself. I'm so excited that I can hardly contain myself!

Baseball reminds me of a much simpler time in my life. In high school I was so addicted to the Yankees that I knew every player's number, batting average, position and their number of RBI's. I seriously watched every single game and if I had an obligation that caused me to miss a game, I would tape it and watch it later in the night. Crazy, huh?

THEN.. Came John! I love my husband but he has a HUGE flaw! He's a Brave's fan. Unbelievable!! So, because I love him slightly more (Okay, A LOT more) than the Yankees I usually end up watching the stupid Braves play so I don't have to be away from him. We have more than one TV but I just can't stand the thought of being divided every night over a silly baseball game. The post-season is a different story because John's team hasn't been making it to the playoffs lately (HAHAHAHAHAHA) but during the regular season, I just catch my Yankees when I can. Even if I don't watch the games though, I always look forward to catching the highlights and scores.

I hate to admit this to myself (and anyone else that know me well) that since Brooke was born I don't always like to watch the games. Since her birth, if I have a free minute to myself, I think of the piles of laundry, the dishes in the sink, the floors I haven't mopped, the shower I haven't taken, or the husband who I haven't spent any time with. Ya know? Baseball is an amazing game but it's very slow moving and I sit there in between pitches thinking of all of the other things that I'm neglecting to enjoy my game. So, unfortunately, now I'm just a busy fan who is lucky to catch a few innings here and there.

This season won't be quite the same for me because my Joe Torre is gone:-( He was the Yankees' manager for the longest time and now he's a Dodger. That doesn't even seem right. It will be so sad not seeing his extra big nose in the dugout. Ugh... The Joe Torre era is over.

The game starts at 1 and it's 12:55 now so I must be going! Luckily for me, Brooke's napping so I get to catch the first few moments of the Yankee's season without distractions. It won't last long though! Let's go Yankees!!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for your comments. Yesterday I was just really emotional for some odd reason and couldn't think straight. After sleeping, I've been able to calm down about the situation and figure everything out. I really do think that living at home is the right choice for me. I just think it'd be a lot more settling if I knew I had a job to come home to. Last summer it was horrible trying to find a job and it took me forever, and I hated the job. Granted I was only looking for something temporary, but still. My mom said I was on vacation, but I hated it. I would just sit at home being worried about finding a job, and that is no vacation. And I think I will have to sit down with them. I am 22 and I deserve to have a higher amount of privacy and freedom than when I did when I was 18. But I also understand that they deserved a certain amount of respect. So really, thank you again for your comments, then really helped! And if you hear of any job openings, let me know! haha

On another note, I am still kinda iffy about the wedding thing. I never imagined my wedding with the JP. But when I moved back home, I wanted to start going back to Living Water. And was hoping that maybe we could get married there, something very small, neither of us want a big guest list. In high school I always envisioned myself getting married there. Let me know what you think.

Alison said...

BOO on opening day being canceled due to rain! There's always tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

hey! my major is psychology and a minor in english. but for psych stuff, i want to do the human resources stuff, not counseling. but all the job notifications i keep getting on career builder are managerial jobs since I'm a manager now, it sorts by that criteria. so anyways, that's that.