Tuesday, March 4, 2008

One Last Post Before Vacation...

I can't believe that we leave for San Diego tomorrow! I have the feeling that tomorrow is going to be a crazy day. Here's what it looks like:

~We leave Syracuse at 4:20 P.M. (It's about an hour away so first we have to drive there, obviously. Luckily Sarah is dropping us off so we don't have to pay for parking. I love that girl!)

~We arrive in Detroit at 5:51 and then leave for Minneapolis/Saint Paul at 7:15 so that doesn't give us much time to kill.

~We arrive in Minneapolis at 8:23 and then leave there at 9:15. That's a MEGA quick layover.

~FINALLY we arrive San Diego at 11:05 (Which is really 8:05 local time).

To me, the thing that stresses me out so much is that the layovers are so quick. I have the feeling that we're going to be rushing from terminal to terminal and that we won't have nearly enough time to give Brooke a decent dinner. I guess the crazy day we'll have tomorrow is just a small sacrifice to make for a week in beautiful San Diego. The only good thing about having so many layovers is that the flights are broken up into small flights. That way Brooke won't get as antsy during the flights... Knock on wood!

I packed my diaper bag full of all of Brooke's favorite goodies. I have her dried fruit, Gold Fish, Cheerios, Mots for Tots juice boxes, and her animal cookies. She also likes to scribble now so I'm going to pick up a few crayons tomorrow. All that, accompanied with some other of her favorite toys, should be enough to keep her engaged for the plane rides. And then, if I get really desperate, there's my almighty boobs that seem to fix everything. Ha! I'm so glad that we're still nursing, especially at times like this.

I have major anxiety over this flight tomorrow with Brooke but I think that it will be what I make of it. If I go into it thinking that it will be awful then it most likely will be, but if I have a good attitude and am determined to make the best of it then it won't be quite as bad. Let's hope not anyways:-)

That's about all I have time to write for now. I will really miss getting on here and blogging while I'm away. It's something I enjoy so much and look forward to every day! As soon as I get back I'm going to share all of the important details and pictures. Have a great week everyone! I'm sure you'll miss reading about my interesting life when I'm not here to post. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1 comment:

alissa kay said...

Hey! I know you won't get this for a while but that's ok. I hope you had a fantastic time on vacation! I hope it was at least kinda warm for you! I was wondering how you have a list of your "friends" on your blog. I really want that and I can't figure out how to do it!