Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Special Day To Remember!

4 years ago from today John officially asked me to be his girlfriend. It's funny because I don't remember just being a simple, dating couple... I think we went from just seeing each other to immediately wanting to get married and be with each other forever. We seriously fell head over heals for one another and we never looked back.

Then, 3 years ago from today, John asked me to be his wife! I'll never forget how amazing and special it felt to take that next step with the man I loved more than anything in the world. He was (and definitely still is!) my very best friend. I lean on him and go to him for everything. He's my rock and I would be completely lost without him! I still look down at my engagement ring from time to time and I remember the amazing day that he first put it on my finger. I love being committed to him and knowing that we're in this life together. What could be better than that?

I think about all of circumstances surrounding John and me becoming a couple. We've known each other since I was 15 but that's a COMPLETELY different story. In a nutshell, we LOATHED each other for a long time. Seriously, he's the last person in the universe that I saw myself dating, no less marrying! However, things and feelings changed and as soon as we started dating it was obvious that we were made for one another. I love our love story. It's... Different! Definitely NO love at first sight for us!

In other not so sappy news.... WE GOT A HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the most beautiful house that I could have imagined! It's bigger and much better than that other stupid house we almost bought. God really worked this situation out for His good! The house is over 2000 square feet, it has all new carpets and wood floors, a new above ground HEATED pool with a huge deck, and TONS of space! Downstairs it has a family room, an enormous living room, a laundry room (that's bigger than my kitchen now) a guest bedroom with its own half bathroom, a dining room, and eat-in-kitchen, and a full bath. Upstairs has a huge master bedroom with a separate sitting room (that would actually be big enough for another bedroom if we ever needed it to be) and there are also 2 other gigantic bedrooms. The house is amazing and I can't wait to move in. Most importantly, it's in a cute little village with sidewalks and other nice houses. Can you believe it? I got EVERYTHING on my wish list!!!!! God is so good! I'll post pictures when I get a minute.

Okay, I'm off to watch American Idol! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww yay! I'm so happy for you that you found the perfect house!! I bet you're so happy you weren't stuck with the other one now! That's also really sweet about the engagement and girlfriend business. Sounds familiar to something going on in my life right now...haha. Kind of similar story, at first I wanted to try and get Rob to date my room mate, and in the process of getting to know him better to try and get her to like him, I ended up falling for him myself! Love works in mysterious ways, doesn't it? It's comforting to know that someone else did a blue and yellow wedding and that it looked nice. You dont see that combo of colors in wedding magazines.

So on a side note, I was really hoping that we could try and reconnect when I move back home. I don't know how you feel about it, but I'm up for it! Anyways, keep in touch!