Monday, March 17, 2008

Update

I just wanted to write one quick update on our housing situation. We ended up going to see both of the houses this afternoon. The one that John wanted to look at was a really nice size BUT it needs lots and lots and lots of TLC. It is at the top of our price range so it's not like we would be able to put a whole lot of money into it to make it look the way we would want it to. That's a HUGE drawback.

The house that I was so excited about turned out to be a disappointment:-( It was absolutely gorgeous... Don't get me wrong! However, it had no formal dining space and that is one of my biggest complaints in this house now. I love to entertain and cook for people and I want a house that will enable me to do that. The living room was also really small and the family room that was supposed to be in the basement was honestly just a nasty basement. I don't even know how they got away with calling it a family room! We loved the upstairs rooms and bathroom but we just can't past the other issues the house has. Bummer:-(

So, the quest for the perfect house continues. There's NOTHING available on the market now. There are lots of homes listed for sale but most of them have a sale pending. Our realtor says that we'll just need to be patient and hopefully people will put their houses on the market in the Spring. Let's hope!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I hate that you're still on a wild goose chase! I hope you find the house that is meant for you soon. God will provide...we may not know when or where, but He will come through.

Love you guys!