Friday, March 14, 2008

Stuck In The Dinner Rut

Does anyone else feel like they cook the same foods over and over and over again for dinner? I get so sick of it! Is dinner as big of annoyance to all of you out there? Or is it just me here? I love to cook but I hate thinking of new and creative things to make. John also doesn't like anything too fancy or different so that limits me to some degree.

Here's a list of what I typically make-

Chicken:

~Chicken Parmesan
~Chicken Cordon Bleu
~Hawaiian Chicken
~Chicken Marsala
~Chicken Stir Fry
~Pan Fried Chicken (With country gravy)
~Chicken Fajitas
~Barbecued Chicken (That I usually marinate in Spiedie sauce or coat in barbecue sauce)
~Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole

Pork:

~Ranch Pork Chops
~Grilled Pork Chops (With Barbecue sauce)
~Stuffed Pork Chops With Apple Glaze
~Marinated Pork Loin
~Ham (With my special glaze)

Beef:

~Grilled Steaks
~Chicken Fried Steak (Made with cube steak)
~Chili
~Tacos
~Steak Fajitas

Pasta:

~Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
~Spaghetti (With my homemade sauce)
~Homemade Lasagna
~Manicotti
~Mexican Stuffed Shells

Fish:

~We usually use Tilapia because it's what John likes. I either grill it, pan fry it, or seal it in foil with lemons, veggies and seasonings and bake it.

Also, I always have quick-fix dinner stuff on hand in case we're in a hurry. Things like cheese steaks, frozen ravioli, and ground beef for hamburgers are usually things I whip out when we need dinner fast. I feel guilty serving stuff like that when I have the time to make a "real" dinner. That's just me though! As for things like soups and stews, I don't make a whole lot of them because I feel like they get old. It figures... It's SO easy to make a pot of soup!

I just read through my list and seems like I make a lot of different things but every night I make dinner I think I'm going to scream out of boredom! I've tried looking through cook books and watching cooking shows (that I'm MEGA addicted to!) but I feel like the recipes are too adventurous for John and Brooke to eat or like they're just different renditions of things that I've been making for ages.

As for the rest of you, what the heck does your family eat for dinner? Does anyone have some good recipes for me? I'm sure you all are much more creative than I am when it comes to feeding your families:-)

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

I was just saying that exact same thing a few days ago! It seems that both Dan and Marissa like so few meals, that I have to repeat them over and over! I'm picky too, so between the three of us, there is NO variety. Lately I've been trying a bunch of new crockpot recipes, but they're all so boring. I don't have any advice for you, but I can definitely sympathize!