Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Easter

We had a great day yesterday! I wasn't able to blog about it then because we were insanely busy, but I couldn't move on without mentioning it!

First of all, John had the day off and that was WONDERFUL. We rarely get to attend church together so it was extra special that he could be there on Easter. After church we went to my parents for Easter lunch and then we went to John's grandma's house to eat AGAIN. Lol! Needless to say, we were stuffed before the day was over. After our Easter meals, we went over to Luke and Ali's for a game night and Brookie and Nathan were able to play together for a good while.

My only regret of the day was that we didn't take any pictures:-( Brookie looked adorable in her new outfit and new shoes. I just wish I had captured it on camera! John also bought me a new dress and shoes and it felt very nice to have a new outfit. I love all things girly!

And of course, what's Easter without Jesus dying on the cross? I think that it's easy to get so caught up in the hype of Easter clothes, Easter baskets, and all of the other commercial things of Easter that we minimalize the emphasis on what Jesus did by DYING for our sins. The biggest thing that has been on my mind this year is how much Jesus had to swallow His pride to die on the cross. As if His father turning His back on Him, his disciples denying Him, and the physical pain he endured wasn't horrible enough for Him, on top of that, He hung on the cross while people mocked Him and taunted Him. Think about it, He is so powerful and He could have so easily freed Himself from the agony of the cross, yet He hung on there, naked and battered, for you and me. That is something that I can never, ever thank Him enough for. If that doesn't transform your life, what will?

Brooke didn't wake up until 11 O'clock today. Can you believe that? John and I were shocked and we slept in too. It felt AMAZING! She's doing a little bit better. Her lungs still sound pretty yucky and I don't think that she should still be wheezing like she is. I'm debating whether or not I should call the doctor tomorrow. We'll see!

We saw a GORGEOUS house today. I don't want to go into details about it because I'll just get all excited, but we're praying about putting an offer on it tomorrow. This is such a huge decision so we want to make it with great care and consideration.

Okay, it's time to go make the husband's lunch. We all know that that's my favorite job in the world. HA!

No comments: