Monday, March 17, 2008

Closure, At Last!

Today is one of John's days off but unfortunately he's spending it at work:-( He has some defensive driving course to take so they dragged him in on his day off. It's 8 hours of overtime but I would MUCH rather have his company. Tomorrow is his other day off and he has to be at court at 10. The poor guy is going to get like NO break. So sad! Because of his crazy schedule we really use his days off to reconnect and enjoy one another. Oh well... I guess there's no sense in complaining about it!

First thing this morning I talked to the lawyers about everything that happened yesterday. That stupid fax that got us all up in arms and frustrated was about nothing worthy of our time or consideration. The dumb lady wanted a copy of the appraisal (that we had to pay $325 for) to give to the bank so they could think about doing a short sale. We denied her a copy of it because we don't have the time to wait around for any more. I thought I would be nice and just give her the copy of it (because really, what does it hurt me?) but my lawyer said not to, for some reason. She still has to sign a release for us to get our deposit money back but I guess our real estate agent is getting those papers from her realtor today. The moment we sign those papers is going to feel so good! I can't wait to get this whole nightmare behind us.

We found 2 really cute houses that we want to look at so we're going this afternoon when John gets out to look at one and then we'll go sometime tomorrow to see the other one. The one we're looking at today doesn't look near as nice as the one we'll see tomorrow but John really likes the pictures of it so we're going to give it a chance. The one that we're looking at tomorrow is cheaper by $7000 and the taxes are significantly less. In my opinion it also looks A LOT nicer. It has a new roof, new windows, new siding, a new furnace, 3 large bedrooms, an office, a brand new kitchen, a large living room... And a completely finished basement with a large family room and laundry room. I'm SO excited to see it! We drove past it last night and it is the most gorgeous house we've looked at. The backyard is landscaped so perfectly. It's in a quiet little neighborhood with very little traffic. The location is perfect and I think it would be a perfect fit for us. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up because I've learned not to count my chickens before they hatch. It's just so hard when you fall in love with something!

So, that's that. I feel relieved that we're not stuck in housing limbo anymore... We KNOW that we're not getting that house and that will enable us to press forward with our search. I never thought I could be "homeless" and have such peace but I do. Thank you God!

No comments: