Monday, March 3, 2008

Even More Moving Drama

While John was out and about patrolling last night he drove past the house we're supposed to be buying. He looked in the windows and saw that the carpets were still dirty and that there was still stuff everywhere. Wonderful, huh? He also noted that there we NO footprints or anything in the fresh snow, meaning that nobody had been there doing anything.

As if that wasn't annoying enough, my day started with a frantic call from our realtor. Remember, we're supposed to close tomorrow at 11. He called the lady to get us in the house to walk through it one last time. She demanded that we wait until the end of the week, saying that she wasn't done working on it. What an ignorant, foolish lady she is. She's really starting to tick me off! We decided to get our lawyer involved and he made a phone call to her lawyer saying that we WILL close tomorrow at 11 and if we don't then we're not going through with it. He also said that we're going on a walk through of the house today because we need to verify that she's actually making progress. So, apparently, we have a walk through later on at 4.

This walk through is going to be a nightmare, I just know it. That lady seems to be so carefree about this whole thing and John and I really feel like we're going to be disappointed when we walk in there. Other than the mess from all of her crap, we're still concerned about the carpets and the stove. Apparently, from what my realtor was saying, this lady has her finances in the gutter and she's not doing so great. He thinks that if we ask for money to fix the stuff she ruined then she won't be able to come up with it. I have mixed feelings about this. Do we want to lose a nice house over $2000??? Or is the principle of the matter too great to settle for anything less? I just don't know what to do. I'm praying that God will give us His peace and wisdom as we go there today.

Ugh, my life is so unsettling right now. I know it I said it yesterday, but I have boxes everywhere for the move and I have suitcases and laundry everywhere for vacation. I have no idea how any of this is going to work out. I know that nothing is too big for God to handle but I'm still really struggling with not knowing how this will all work out. I'm such a worry wart and I know that I really need to stop that. "All things work together for good, for them that love God and are called according to His purpose." Pretty amazing, huh?

So, please be thinking of us today. I'll try to get on her to update you all on the progress of the house. Hope for the best!

No comments: