Thursday, March 20, 2008

We've Got The Wheezing, Sneezing, Coughing, Aching, Fever-Running Blues

Yes, unfortunately my Brookie is still sick. On the bright side, she seems to be doing a little bit better. This morning she woke up at around 7 and her fever was over 103 degrees. I gave her medicine and she went back to sleep until 10. It was heavenly to sleep in, might I add! Thankfully she had no fever when she woke up (which is an improvement). Her fever returned around 12:30 so I gave her some Tylenol and she's been napping since.

I'm concerned because today she's developed some wheezing in her lungs. She's also taking really quick, shallow breaths, which I know can't be that comfortable. I've been checking on her in her sleep and she sounds pretty decent right now. I think it's worse when she's awake because if she cries or gets upset all of the irritation in her lungs is exacerbated. If she's still struggling when she wakes up I might just take her back to the doctor. The doctor did say to let him know if she was having a hard time breathing or if she was wheezing. For years I suffered with really bad asthma and I cringe for her because I know how uncomfortable it is to have your lungs feel like that. My poor princess:-(

I am very happy because Brooke has been pretty happy today. Her giggling, laughing, and smiling has returned. She still is more fussy than usual but she's not a total crab like she was yesterday. I just think of how miserable and grumpy I feel when I'm sick and I feel so bad for her.

That's about all that I have to say for today. When Brooke's sick that pretty much consumes my life, which explains why I have nothing else to talk about. Lol! Oh, the life of a stay-at-home-mom. Lol!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm sorry she's still sick. I hope she slept better last night and is fever free this morning! Hang in there!

Love you guys :)