Wednesday, March 12, 2008

All About Our Trip:

I finally got most of my unpacking and house work done and I just put Brookie down so I now have some time to write about my wonderful trip. I'm going to share lots of pictures too so be prepared to be amazed. Lol!

The weather was perfect while we were there! It was about 70 degrees every day and the sun never stopped shining. We couldn't have had better weather if we asked. Thank you God! I guess that's just how San Diego is. Can you imagine?

Day One:

This was my favorite day of the whole trip! The first thing we did was tour the USS Midway, which is a famous Navy ship that was actually in WW2. Any of you that have known me since high school know that I'm not exactly a scholar in history, but somehow, this boat captured me. We were able to talk to actual men that worked on the ship when it was working and you could see where they slept, ate, worked, and spent their free time. It was so cool!

Here's some pictures of John and me on ejection seats that were used on the fighter planes. Pretty cool, huh? Luckily they didn't eject though:-)





After we got some lunch at Anthony's Fish Grotto, which is right on the harbor, we went to Point Loma. Point Loma is one of the first lighthouses ever and from it we could see the beautiful Pacific Ocean and the California hills. You can see some of it from the pictures but it doesn't nearly do it justice! We also got to tour the lighthouse keeper's house, that was from the 1800's. It was so interesting to see how they lived back then.

John and Brooke at Point Loma:



Brooke cracks me up!


Day 2:

We went to the famous San Diego Zoo. It was overwhelming but it was so cool to see all of the animals. I couldn't get over how clean the zoo was! It cost us almost $70 to get in there so as far as I'm concerned, it better be spotless! Lol

Here's Brooke at the kid's petting zoo. She loved the goats and sheep!



Me and Brooke and the zoo:



The zoo wiped Brooke out!


Day 3:

We went to the most ritzy towns that day. We went to Coronado, which is like a little island. We walked on the beach and we discovered that Brooke is terrified of sand. She's so sweet! I accidentally left the camera in the car for this:-(

We then went to La Jolla to visit the aquarium. After that we walked on the beautiful La Jolla Beach and we saw baby sea lions that were just born. Words can't describe how awesome it was to stare out and see the ocean for miles and miles on end. Brooke still wouldn't walk on the sand though!

Here's John and Brooke at the aquarium. You can see La Jolla Beach in the background.


Brooke at the aquarium:


Mommy and Brooke at the aquarium:


John and Brooke walking around in La Jolla:


Day 4:

Sea World! We had such a blast!!!! Brooke loved the animals and the shows they did with the dolphins, whales, and sea lions were absolutely amazing. It was kind of expensive but it was an experience like none other. We had the best time ever!

Brooke loved to stand at the glass at look at the animals. She thought they were so cool!


Brookie is enjoying a little snack at Sea World:


Still at Sea World


Day 5:

We went to Balboa Park, which bored me to tears! It was all kinds of historical mubo jumbo that I looked at for John. It was a nice walk though. I'll at least admit that! After that we went to Horton Plaza, which is a 6 block outdoor mall. It was great fun! For dinner we ate at Sea Port village, which is a little area of shops and restaurants that is right on the ocean. We loved it so much that we went there 3 times.

Sea Port Village




All in all our vacation was perfect! John went out of his way to make sure I had a great time and that I felt special. He's just the best! He goes back to work tonight and I'm kind of bummed but I guess life must go on some time.

Brooke's routine is out of whack so right now she's in her crib screaming. I hate this! It's a small price to pay though for the wonderful time we had in San Diego.

Speaking of getting back to real life, it's time to go make John's lunch. I sure didn't miss doing that while I was on vacation!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, I wish we could comment on individual pictures....

So that yellow shirt with the kinda flowers on it you were wearing? I have that too! Wal*Mart for $6! How can u beat it for such a cute shirt!

Also, I think one of my favorite pictures of Brooke is her in the red shirt with the tulip...so adorable! She's going to be a heart breaker in red!

Also, it looked like it was amazing out there! It looks like you had a wonderful time and probably a nice stress reliever from all that was going on right before you left. It looks like Brooke and all of you had a total blast! So anyways, just wanted to comment!

rccalyn said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had an amazing time! All of Brooke's outfits were absolutely adorable! She's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so sweet you did an awesome job. You guys looked like you had so much fun I am so happy but I must admit I am a little selfish because even though you had to end your vacation I am so so glad your back!