Tuesday, April 1, 2008

THERE'S A MOUSE IN MY HOUSE!

This morning I was just hanging around the house and doing some dishes. I looked over and I saw a little grey mouse scurrying across my kitchen floor. He went underneath my refrigerator, never to be seen again (so far). Of course I was totally freaked out and totally beside myself. I jumped up on the kitchen table and to be honest, I was afraid to come down. I'm just super annoyed because we have all kinds of boxes and things packed up in our kitchen in preparation to move. I'm hoping that that horrible little mouse doesn't tamper with our boxes and leave his messes in them. We've had problems with mice before in this house so you would think I would be use to them, but still they freak me out so bad. I'm a wimp for all things gross. I must admit.

I was so sad yesterday because no sooner did I post my entry on opening day to discover that the Yankees' home opener was RAINED OUT:-( To a huge fan, that's almost enough to make me cry. I was highly disappointed but there was nothing I could do so I watched the Tyra Bank's show instead. While she's interesting, she doesn't cut it quite the same as the Yankees. Sorry, Tyra!

Brooke has been so incredibly happy and silly today. She's been throwing temper tantrums lately but today she is the most content, compliant, and easy-going baby ever. I love days like this where all she wants to do is play and laugh. While I love being her mommy so much that I don't even mind the bad days, the good days sure do refresh me. I just keep looking at her today and questioning how my life could be any better. I feel like being a mom is my true calling in life and her presence is a constant reminder of how I'm living what I set out to do. God is seriously SO good:-)

Anyways, it's a beautiful day today so John and I are off to take Brookie to the park. I'm so excited!! It's been a while since we've been able to take her so it should be a blast to see how she likes everything.

No comments: