Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Bug Makes Sense Now

Yes, I have this bug figured out now. My baby was up ALL night last night throwing up and it was absolutely horrible:-( She threw once in her crib... all over her sheets and blanket, and then several times in our bed. The first time she got it all over our sheets, so I stripped them down and put towels under her and the other times I was fortunate enough to catch it with the towels. I had her throw up in my hair, all over my clothes, and all up and down my arms. It was miserable. What made it worse is that John started to get sick in the middle of the night so he was up with a horrible stomachache for much of the night. NO FUN!

Brooke threw up at 5:30 this morning and that was the last time for the longest time. She woke up for the day at 11 and I just assumed that she wouldn't throw up again because it had been so long. WRONG! At 12 she threw up again, much to our disappointment:-( That was the last time, as of now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! She' still been really sleepy and having diarrhea, but she's eaten pretty well today and kept her food down quite nicely. YAY! So, hopefully she's on the mend. She just went to bed with no fuss so that leads me to believe that she's feeling pretty good right about now. John's still feeling pretty awful though and he has to go to work tonight:-( I wish I could convince him to call in!

I have had a yucky headache all day and I've felt a little bit queasy, but I'm so thankful that God has kept me mostly healthy to take care of my family. I've done 6 loads of laundry today and given Brooke 2 baths. This bug has been messy and I can't even imagine how bad it would be if I had it. It was gorgeous out today and I was so sad that we missed out on it from being sick. Oh well! There's tomorrow!

Well, I'm off to go a MUCH needed shower and then watch American Idol. I hope Sayesha goes but I'm thinking it will be Brooke because of her mistake last night. Poor girl. We'll see soon!

No comments: