Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Marathon Day

Today was a great but busy, busy day. Holy cow! We woke up at 7:30 and I seriously don't think that I've sat down for more than 2 minutes until this very moment! Let's just say I'll sleep well tonight.

Sarah and I spent our morning shopping and preparing for the bridal shower we had for Vicki (John's brother's fiance) this afternoon. After running to many stores and lugging Brooke in and out of the car a million times, we finally got up to the church around 11:30 to start decorating and cooking. The shower was at 2 so we had plenty of time to get things done. I was really proud of us because the neither Sarah or I are into decorating or anything but everything looked really, really pretty. For lunch I made Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken and it got rave reviews. I was so happy that everyone enjoyed it!

After presents, cake and clean-up, we didn't even get home until after 5. Brooke had been such a trooper the whole entire day and I think I got her home just shy of a meltdown. I'm seriously so amazed at how happy and flexible she was today, as her schedule was all out of whack.

Vicki got lots of nice stuff and I was happy for her. I was thinking how nice it would be to be a bride again and be able to register for anything and everything I wanted. That has to be one of the most fun parts of getting married!!! I've already had my time but I must admit that it would be nice to have everything brand new again! Lol

Brooke slept from 7:45 to 6:30 in her crib last night. YAY!!!!!! That leads me to believe that this is the real deal, but you never know with babies. They tend to be unpredictable! Ironically enough, Nathan (my nephew) magically started sleeping through the night when he was 14 months too, which is Brooke's age. Maybe it's a good age for night weaning or maybe it's just a big coincidence? Who knows.

Well, I'm seriously about to fall asleep as I type this. Holy cow am I tired. I still have to make John's lunch, empty the dishwasher, fold laundry, and iron my outfit for tomorrow. The work of a housewife is NEVER done!

1 comment:

Alison said...

The shower today was BEAUTIFUL and you did a fantastic job :) You sure have a knack for cooking for a million people!

I love that you remember Nathan's entrance into the world of sleeping through the night as "magical." LOL. Perhaps that is because you weren't sleeping in the room next door :) But yes, I know what you're saying. He seemed more willing to cooperate than he had before. I hope Brookie continues without a fight!

Love you girl. You are #1 in my book :)