Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An Update On The House

I'm so excited because I can finally post a GOOD update in regards to a house that we're trying to buy. What do you know?!!?!?!? I got a phone call from my realtor this morning to tell me that our house comes with an all inclusive one year warranty. The guy who's selling it to us just randomly threw it in there for some reason!! It covers every little thing in the whole entire house for an entire year. Isn't that incredible??? I feel so reassured buying this house now because it shows me that he stands behind the work he's done in the house. God has been so good to us and He continues to bless us!

One issue in the house that is being worked out right now is in regards to the heating. Like I said, we went there a couple of days ago for my father-in-law to look at the place and we discovered that the heat to upstairs was not working at all. First the man was going to fix it. I guess he just has to run some pipes from the downstairs to the upstairs. However, today he called and asked if he could just give us money at closing to install electric heat upstairs. I really don't understand what all of this means but I'm thinking no. Obviously John and I have to discuss it, but I think I would prefer to have the heat hooked up. I think it's because the house used to be a 2-family home and the upstairs was heated by a separate furnace but now there's only one furnace. I'm wondering if this guy thinks that that crappy furnace can't withstand the effort of heating the whole house and he'll have to replace to that too. I just don't know but something has to be done! I'm not too concerned because the seller has been EXTREMELY accommodating and he has been bending over backwards to help us out.

We got for our official home inspection tomorrow night at 5. I'm SO excited because my parents are coming to see our house. I really look forward to that! Hopefully the man's report on the house will help us know more about the condition of the furnace.

It looks like we should be moving around the 25TH of April! As we all know from my experience, nothing is set in stone... But I'm sure hoping that it will work out that way because I'm so antsy and ready to start living life in my new, beautiful home. It's gonna be kind of bare for awhile because we are gaining SO much square footage. Until we acquire some new stuff it might appear to be pretty empty!

My dad came back from Peru yesterday. I guess he had a wonderful time and he appears to be on fire for ministering to the Peruvian people. I really admire his heart for lost people. Anyways, he brought Brookie back a little stuffed Alpaca that was made with real Alpaca fur. He was so excited and it was really sweet to watch how proud he was to give it to her.

Okay, we have church tonight so I better go get our house in ship shape before we leave. Ta ta!

No comments: