Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Weird Bug

Brookie slept through the night again last night!!!! When she woke up she was extremely silly and happy so I just assumed that today would have been our average Sunday morning. I began to get ready for church and she was just roaming around, talking and laughing. I had just finished up zipping up my freshly ironed sun dress and fastening my set of pearls around my neck. I was feeling pretty good about how I looked and I couldn't wait to get out to enjoy the beautiful day... UNTIL... BROOKE THREW UP ALL OVER ME... All over the floor, all over my bed frame, all over her clothes, all over her feet, hands and face. It was everywhere! Luckily John had just gotten home so I screamed down the stairs for him to come quickly with some towels. We wiped Brooke down, threw her in the tub and she continued to be her silly self, as if nothing had happened.

After she got out of the tub all she wanted to do was nurse. I was really, really nervous about letting her do that because I figured it would come right back up. So, with great caution, I nursed her. I had towels surrounding us and even though she was dozing off to sleep, I vigilantly stared at her. After about 20 minutes of successful nursing, I drifted off to sleep. We woke up almost 2 hours later and Brooke had managed to keep all of her milk down. I thought that she would throw up shortly after she got up but she has been 100 percent fine for the entire day. Apart from 2 diarrhea diapers, she has absolutely no other signs that she was ever sick. The only other thing that was different about today is that she's wanted to nurse, nurse, nurse and nurse some more. It's insane. I seriously had to pull her off of me because she would have sucked all day if I had allowed it.

I was really disappointed that I couldn't go to church today. I'm the pianist in our worship team and I always feel horrible when I have to bail out at the last minute. I also enjoy seeing people and having an excuse to dress up and look pretty. It's obviously also nice to attend Sunday School and the regular service to study God's word. I seriously enjoy going to church so much. It's something I look forward to every week.

I'm wondering if this was a bug or just something she ate or if she stuck her fingers down her throat and made herself puke? She's been known to shove her fingers a little far back! I don't know... But whatever it is, I'm glad that it went away quickly!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I am so happy to hear that is was a short-lived bug! Hope we can get the kiddos together tomorrow if she is well.

Love you and I really missed you today!