Monday, April 7, 2008

Reliving The Same Bad Dream

Well, it looks like we might be homeless... AGAIN. I can't even believe this. I seriously am at a loss for words. Remember how the inspection showed that there were lots of issues with the house? Well, the way the seller wanted to handle them was by giving us a measly $2000 discount off the price of the house. You have to be kidding me!!! The place needs a FURNACE.. And that is not cheap. If that was the only thing that is wrong with it, I could definitely see going through with the deal, but there are many other things that are going to add up to big bucks. I refuse to be house poor because this stupid house needs work. Sorry, that's just not what we bargained for.

John and I told the realtor that we wanted at least $3000 (which is still a low, low offer) and we didn't want a discount on the house, we wanted cash. The guy not only said that he refused to give us more than the 2 grand, he also said that he didn't want to give us cash. Can you say RIDICULOUS?????????? Oddly enough though, 10 minutes after we told our realtor that we were done with this crap, he called back and said that the seller was "considering" working on the house and selling it to us for the original price we agreed on. While that would be great and all, I highly doubt it so I'm not going to get my hopes up until we know for certain that he will do all of that work. I don't see what his problem is because he's going to run into problems with this house again if and when he tries to sell it to someone else. What a moron.

So, John and I have been scanning the online listings for yet another new home and nothing is catching our eye as of yet. I guess an apartment will be in the cards for us after all? I don't know. I'm just so sick of living out of boxes and not having a home. This has to come to an end sometime. The other day I went to make corn muffins and my muffin pans were in boxes so I had to go through the trouble of digging through boxes to find them. Something about that just aids to my extreme frustration:-(

The scripture that God has really placed on my heart throughout all of this is Proverbs 3:5-6:

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.


Whenever I feel scared about our uncertain situation or the mountains that we have ahead of us, I have to keep reminding myself that God knows what He's doing and none of this has taken Him by surprise. Pretty incredible, huh?

I also feel like by this whole deal falling apart at the seams, then my not-too-distant plans of having another baby are pushed farther and farther away too. That really hurts me. I know that I'm blessed and that I have a beautiful baby already, but I was so excited at the prospect of having another baby once we got settled into this house. Ya know? I feel so ready emotionally but I can't bring another life into the world if our current family doesn't even have a place to live. That just sounds irresponsible, if you ask me. I know that in God's perfect timing baby #2 will make his or her entrance and it will be worth the wait.

So, that's that. Pretty unbelievable, huh? Right back to where we started from...

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Unbelievable! I just feel awful for all this crap you have to go through! I really hope you can find something soon and get it all over with!
And the baby #2 thing...I totally understand. We are also waiting to try again, for other reasons, and it's just about killing me!