Thursday, April 3, 2008

It Must Be Me??

Okay, I'm starting to think that trouble just follows me. Really! I'm not saying this angrily or wanting pity, but it's so true. Things in life have never just come to me easily (like they have for my older siblings). That's another story for another day though. Anyways, we went to have our professional home inspection of our house tonight and surprise, surprise, there was a multitude of things wrong with the house. Some of the issues are major while some are minor, but regardless of their severity, they are still issues that we have to think about.

Let me make you a list of the house's problems:

1. The furnace is about to collapse on itself but because it's still working the seller isn't obligated to replace it.

2. ALL of the electrical plugs were wired wrong, therefore making them a huge shock hazard. That sounds safe, huh?

3. All of the flower beds that completely surround the house are contained by wood planks. Pretty.. yes, BUT the guy says were asking for termites. So, all of those need to be replaced.

4. The deck is not properly screwed together.

5. There is still no heat upstairs and there is also no heat source in the main bathroom. It's okay, Brooke doesn't need to be warm during her bath or anything. *Note the sarcasm!

6. The electrical source to the pool is not wired properly, which makes our pool a large risk for ELECTROCUTION. Can you believe that? I'm not exactly sure what the problem is because he was explaining it to John, but the inspector said that it's HIGHLY dangerous.

7. Because there are no gutters on the house (which we really didn't realize) all of the water is going directly into the basement each time there is precipitation. This is causing all manner of moisture problems in the down there. I'm thinking it's time to install gutters?????

8. The sump pump in the basement (that is supposed to get rid of excess water) is too full of silt and mud to do its job properly.

9. Some of the floor boards in the basement aren't properly nailed down... Or something along those lines.

So yes, that's where we're at right about now. I'm really not even upset at the moment. I know that in God's way that we'll work through this and the end result will be what's best. I have to take faith in that! I called our realtor to discuss all of this but he hasn't returned my phone call. We're not totally writing this house off because if we can get the amount of money we want from the seller to fix the problems we'll most likely still buy the place. Who knows!

My parents came along to see the house tonight. They fell in love with it as much as we did, but none of us can get past the amount of hidden problems there are! We all agree that if the kinks can be worked out then we'll have a beautiful home. We should have some answers tomorrow.

I repeat... Isn't is ALWAYS something with me?

On one more quick note, I just want to say how very much I love my husband! Last night I was looking through some stuff and I came across our wedding box, which had our wedding napkins, wedding program, and all of our wedding cards in it. I found the cards we wrote to one another on our wedding day and I began to remember how amazing it felt to be a bride, HIS bride. On our wedding day I couldn't imagine loving him any more than I did right at that moment because I was so CRAZY in love with him, but I can honestly say that I've grown to love him more with each passing day. Each new step of our life together reveals something new about him that I just can't get enough of. Anyways, I was feeling kind of sappy about John and then I heard the song, It's Your Love, and it totally said everything that was on my mind. The words are beautiful and so true. Here are just some of the words of the song. Enjoy!


Oh it's a beautiful thing don't think I can keep it all in
I just gotta let you know what it is that won't let me go

It's your love
It just does something to me
It sends a shock right through me
I can't get enough
And if you wonder
About the spell I'm under
Oh it's your love

Better than I was, more than I am
And all of this happened by taking your hand
And who I am now is who I wanted to be
And now that we're together,
I'm stronger than ever
I'm happy and free

Oh it's a beautiful thing,
Don't think I can keep it all in
If you asked me why I've changed,
All I gotta do is say your sweet name


Okay, now that you know all of my house issues and that I love John, I'm off to go enjoy him on his night off!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

I honestly can't believe all the problems you've been having with house issues! It's just ridiculous! I hope you are finally able to work things out soon, and get this whole ordeal over with!
Oh and my layout is a blogger template. I couldn't figure out how to get anything else on there!