Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Short And Sweet Update on Brooke

Brooke slept like garbage last night. She was up at 12 and 2:30 and she wanted to nurse for much of the night. Just when I get the kid sleeping through the night she goes and pulls this on me!

She's been her happy self all day, except for a MAJOR fussy period before bed, followed by diarrhea. Usually throw up follows her diarrhea so I've been going in her room to check on her like a nut case. Every time the kid coughs I zoom up the stairs! Tomorrow morning she's "due" to throw up (if she continues her every 48 hours pattern) but I'm hoping that this sickness will TRULY be over. I'm almost nervous to wake up in the morning! Wish us luck....

Brooke has been wanting to nurse ALL DAY these last couple of days. Seriously, I feel like I have a newborn again. I love my baby and I love nursing, but I must admit that our prior nursing schedule of 2-3 times a day was kind of nice. I have felt so tied down by her incessant demand to nurse. To help her stomach out I 've been keeping her from drinking whole milk over the last couple of days and I'm sure that that probably has some impact on her nursing patterns. On a regular day she drinks quite a bit of cow's milk.

Okay, I'm just too tired to say much more today. It's been such a long week so I think I'm going to go make John's lunch and then crash. Goodnight!

No comments: