Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Potpourri Of Thoughts

I have way too much to say today to create an organized post. I'm copping out and using bullets today!

~Recovering From The Bug: Brooke is all better today! She slept through the night last night (which was a huge relief) and she woke up completely fine! She hasn't even had diarrhea or any other residual side effects today. Yay for a fast-moving bug! John's feeling much better too. We're on the mend!!

~Moving: A closing date has been set for Monday!!!! We're so fortunate because John is off Monday and Tuesday so it we'll be able to get most of our stuff moved in those couple of days! I'm really excited, as you can all imagine. I can't even imagine living life in a house that's not too small. It's gonna feel so nice to spread out and not have baby toys crammed in little crevices throughout the house. Poor Brooke will actually be able to have room for her massive amounts of toys!

I'm feeling a little bit emotional about this move. I don't do well with change so that in itself is hard. I know that once we get settled that I feel better, but it's still really hard to imagine living somewhere other than here... Our first home. I feel so unsettled, even though I'm excited.

~American Idol: I am OUTRAGED that Carly Smithson went home. This is absolutely ridiculous. As much as I love Brooke White and Jason Castro, they were both WAY worse that Carly. Carly has this amazing talent and I know she'll go far, but it just stinks when you see a less-deserving person stay over someone as dynamic as Carly. So sad!

~Thoughts On Baby #2: It's not a secret that John and I want to start trying for another baby in a few months. We truly feel ready and we've prayed about it... BUT, whenever I watch A Baby Story and hear these moms say how crazy life gets after baby #2, it really discourages me. I love being a mommy and I can't imagine anything greater than another little human life to love and care for, but these frazzled moms on TV kind of scare me. I seriously need to STOP watching that show! A Baby Story really freaked me out about labor and delivery before I gave birth to Brooke, so I guess that show just plays with my mind all together???

~A Different Shift For John: We're not trying to get our hopes up or anything, but John heard is sergeant talking to someone about shift assignments and John really thinks that he got DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, I'm trying not to get too excited, but I really hope it works out. I can't imagine anything more perfect or wonderful than having a husband with normal hours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm also praying that God will help me be satisfied regardless.

So, I think that completes everything that's been on my mind today. I'm glad I could get it all out!

1 comment:

alissa kay said...

I don't know how much it was originally...It doesn't say on the tag, which is kind of a bummer because I always love to find out how much I saved. But, I figure I must have saved SOMETHING!

I'm glad your girl is feeling better! That sounded miserable!