Monday, April 7, 2008

I Have Good News!!!!

Well friends, if you read my last post, you'll know why I'm so excited... WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!!!!!! I was able to finagle a pretty sweet deal. I told them exactly what I want it and if I didn't get just that then we wouldn't be buying the house. No less than 5 minutes later we got a phone call saying that the seller agreed! So, this means that the man is cutting us a nice sized check at closing to cover the all of the things wrong with the house. Thankfully, between the abilities of John's dad and the skills of some of the other men in our church, the money will go much further because we don't have to contract the work out. Amazing, huh?

I am just overflowing with praises to God right now. He has once again showed us that He is bigger and better than any problems we may be facing. What seems like insurmountable obstacle to us is nothing in the hands of an almighty God. It looks like this is yet another testimony of His power and greatness that I'll be able to share with others in need and one day with my children. I'm blown away at how God has provided for my family and me.

To celebrate our happy news, John took me out tonight and bought me the dining room table I've been wanting. It's made by Ashley furniture, which is a reputable brand and it's absolutely gorgeous!! Ironically enough, I have the same dishes that are displayed in this picture. It's good to know that they'll look so perfect with the table.


John bought me the 8 chairs, instead of the 6, so I can host big parties and I have our families over. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to think about all my kiddies around the table telling me about their days at school. It's so fun to dream of the wonderful days ahead.

Okay, I'm off to relax after this long, eventful day!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

YAY YAY YAY! I'm so excited for you! And nice dining room set! Finally YAY!!!