Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Verbal Explosion!

It seems like just overnight Brooke has developed an all new vocabulary. It's nuts what this girl can say now! Here's just some of her new words:

~"Amen" Every time we finish a prayer with the phrase "In Jesus' name I pray" she shouts it. We also taught her to finish the sentence "And all God's people said..." And of course she shouts "amen." It's hilarious because my dad (who is our pastor) will be praying in church and the whole time my daughter is sitting there repeating "amen," like hurry up with this prayer already, grandpa! Ha! People get a kick out of it and I'm sure Jesus understands.

~"Yucky" She loves to go over to her diaper pale or a trash can and let me know that they're "yucky." Hmmm... I wonder who taught her that those things are yucky? She listens to me after all:-)

~"Doodle" She has a Magna Doodle that she loves to scribble on and we call it her "doodle." I usually give it to her in the car to occupy her. Now when we get in the car we hear about the doodle until we give it to her. Maybe she'll be an artist? Lol

~"Grass" We've been taking advantage of the warm weather lately and letting Brooke play outside as much as possible. Even though she's pretty afraid of grass she sure knows how to say it.

~"Abby" The name of my parent's dog. Every animal we see is all of the sudden named "Abby!"

~"Bow" She and Nathan obsess over her bows that she wears. Both of them pronounce it "boa." It's like my favorite thing they say!

~"Down" Brooke is obsessed with pushing things, especially shopping carts. When we get to the grocery store and I strap her in the car she screams "DOWN." We're trying to teach her that she needs to sit but it's so hard.

~"Ouch" Yes, Brooke now can tattle on her cousin when he hurts her. However, she thinks that everything requires an "ouch" though!

It's been a long day or else I could think of more. I'm sitting here trying to remember her other new words. This is why I write them down... If I can't remember them now how am I supposed to remember them when she's all grown up? I love keeping records on her!

Alrighty, John's off tonight so I'm going to go relax with him.

No comments: