Monday, April 28, 2008

So Long, First House

Well, today is the long awaited moving day! I can't even believe that after everything we've gone through that this whole moving thing is coming to a close. We have been faced with some HUGE disappointments, uncertainty, and frustration but God sustained us and today we'll be able to put that all behind us. I'm so ready for that. I'm ready to make a new home for my family and to start building new memories.

I spent the night crying last night as I realized that it was our last night in our first home. I remembered our first night we spent here, our first Christmas together, bringing Brooke home to the room that was made especially for her, and all the other hours of laughter and time spent together within these walls. The house may be small but it was OUR house and we didn't really care as long as we had each other. The 2+ years that we spent here were precious years to me. Years that I will always remember fondly.. I don't even know what it's like to not live HERE. I guess that's what makes this whole thing so unsettling! I know that a home is made by the people and not the structure itself, but right now I'm having a hard time fathoming that this is NOT home, nor will it ever be again.

I'm feeling sentimental and sad, but I'm also feeling exciting. I love that John and I are turning the page to the next chapter in our life together. It's an adventure to uproot our lives and I can't wait to see all of the things that God blesses us with along the way.

What am I doing spending time on this sappy post? I need to finish packing!! We close at 1 this afternoon and then the fun begins. I won't be on for a few days, so bye for now!

No comments: