Saturday, April 5, 2008

Back To Where We Started From

I'm feeling a little bit uneasy about all of the issues that we have going on with the house. We got our official inspection report today and as we began to scan through the 29 pages of it, I started to realize how much has to happen for us to buy this house. So, I called my realtor and told him our anxieties and everything and he kind of gave me an attitude. He's a good realtor when it comes to getting the job done, but he can be very sarcastic in nature and he really isn't that nice or personable. We would have dropped him a long time ago but like I said, he always gets us into houses quickly and returns our phone calls promptly.

Anyways, John and I ended up making him a list of things that we want done in order for us to agree to buy the place. We won't know more until Monday because we have to get lawyers involved and everything else. I truly feel like we're back in limbo again. We don't want to count on moving into this house in case the guy won't do what it takes to sell it to us. I'm fine with that, I really am. God has proven to us that He truly knows best... BUT, I still hate all of this incertainty. I don't know whether or not my family and I have a place to live. That's a bit unsettling. Don't you think? Ugh.

Something that most people don't know is that before we put an offer in on this house we were thinking and praying about moving. I don't mean 20 miles away or to another neighborhood... I mean to like Virginia or somewhere else that is moderately close to our families. In Virginia, for instance, they are killing for cops so John could easily find work. So, after we sold our house and that last house deal fell through, we realized that we no longer had anything that really tied us down to here. I never wanted to move because I want Brookie to grow up with her family near by, but I told John that I would pray about it. We sat down and prayed and told God that we would go anywhere in the universe He wanted us to go and that we just wanted to be in the center of His will. Well, the very next day we saw this house that we're currently trying to buy. We prayed about it and gave it 24 hours to make sure we weren't just thinking on our terms, but that we were aligned with what God wanted. Both of us felt total peace as we agreed to sign the papers for the house. Now that things aren't looking so great I find myself wondering if God really does want us somewhere else or if He's still just trying to show us to lean on Him totally and completely. I'm just so confused right now! Why do things have to be so complicated???????????????

So, once again, if you read my blog, please pray for John and me as we are faced with some pretty tough decisions. I have no doubt that things will work out in the end, but right now, I'm starting to get a bit discouraged!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't commented in so long. So anyways, that's so frustrating that's going on with the new house! I can only imagine. And I understand your misgivings about moving to another state. I've always wanted to move far away, and will get my chance in a few years, but then I always wonder how I would deal with being so far away from family. At school I'm 3 hours away, and my sister lives in New Jersey. But the rest of the family is still in Owego. I always seem to find myself wishing my sister lived closer. But you've got to do what's right for you and your family. So I hope that God gives you guidance and peace of mind of what He would have you do, and soon! And if God does lead you to another state, I know you'll be able to find out ways to see your family as often and you'd hope. Anyways, know it'll all work out for the good and you and John will be blissfully happy!