Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Weird Bug, Part 2

Happy Birthday, Patty! I love you lots!

Speaking of Patty's birthday, we went to Red Lobster for her birthday dinner tonight. I worked there for 5 years so it was really nice to see everyone, especially one of my old bosses. Every time I go in there I kind of miss it because I really, really enjoyed working in food service. It was a lot of fun and great money. I love showing Brooke off and everyone couldn't believe how well behaved and happy she was the whole time we were there.

Shortly before we left, Brooke had another diarrhea explosion. Luckily I had her PJ's with me so I just wiped her down really well and put her in them. Off we went to get her home. A few miles down the road, Brooke began to throw up EVERYWHERE. She kept going and going too. We were on the arguably most busy road in town and John couldn't pull us over without the fear of someone smacking us from behind. Brooke was freaking out because she kept choking and getting really scared. I was super afraid for her too:-( We pulled over a few feet down the road and I was able to wipe her hands off, but that didn't change the fact that her entire car seat, hair, clothes, and jacket (that she was holding on to) were all drenched in her vomit. It was horrible. My arms and hands were immersed in it too and it was not very pleasant. Luckily we were only about 5-10 minutes from home!

I came home and threw Brooke immediately in the tub. Afterwards, all she wanted to do was nurse, nurse, nurse. Just like Sunday, I was leery about letting her drink too much because I didn't want it to come back up. Sure enough, she's kept it down for over 2 hours now and has been sleeping soundly. I just don't understand what's going on with her. I'm not so quick to say she has a bug because she's very happy and she's sleeping well. She also has no fever and she doesn't get upset or anything before throwing up. If she did that would indicate to me that she has a belly ache or something. I also can't say that it was anything that she ate because she refused to eat anything for dinner, which is unfortunately the norm for her. Ugh, I just don't know what to do for this kid! I feel so sad every time I think about her throwing up all over herself. There just doesn't seem to be a reasonable explanation for this all.

Well, I'm going to go enjoy my husband now. We're addicted to Everybody Loves Raymond and we have a TON of them taped on our DVR so we're going to have a marathon tonight. Fun, fun! I'm sure hoping that I'm not up all night with a vomiting baby. Wish me luck!

No comments: