Friday, June 15, 2007

4 Months and Counting

Today marks yet another month of Brooke's life. I honestly can't believe that she's already 4 months old. I absolutely cannot imagine my life without her in it. These last few months have changed me so very much. I am learning to be more selfless, to slow down more, to enjoy the small things, and most importantly, to love more deeply and more sacrificially. Yes, being a mommy makes quite the impact on the way you live your life.

I am so nostalgic today as I think about the wonderful moment that Brooke was born. All day long I have been looking at the clock and saying, "This time exactly a month ago, I was ...." I'm sure that at 10:35 tonight, I'll start crying or something. I'm just that way. Lol! Brooke's birth is the most miraculous, amazing thing that has ever happened to me, so that memory alone just causes me to feel so joyful and overwhelmingly blessed.

I cannot believe that that sleepy, quiet little baby I gave birth to has turned into this talking, giggling, smiling little creature. I know I'm partial, but she's just as special as they come. She's such a content, easy-going, perfect baby.

While I am so excited for Brooke to grow into a little girl and then into a young woman, I just want to slow down and savor every precious moment with her.

Forgive the sappiness. I just needed to have a "mom moment!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! I can't believe she's 4 months old already. You're such a great mom Jillian!