Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Picnic at the Park


Today John and I let Brooke in on one of our romantic spots. Ever since John and I have been a couple, we have gone to the falls in Ithaca at least once a summer. First we pack a nice picnic (peanut butter and fluff is our traditional main course) and we sit right on the lake and eat. Then we feed the ducks. Except for today, the ducks came to us first and they would NOT leave us alone. VERY annoying! Ha! It was so nice to be there with our baby and to have her share our tradition with us! The only difference with a baby is that we didn't have time to sit on the picnic blanket at make googily eyes at each other.. Instead we made googily eyes at her! :-)

Then we walked the trail that leads up to the falls. It was very warm today, but the shade and the breeze from the water made it just perfect. John took Brooke out of her stroller and she stared at the falls. Of course it made me VERY nervous because I didn't want her to accidentally fall into the water, but then I realized that John would never let anything bad happen to her.

After we got home and we had dinner, we then all met up with my Alison, Luke, and Nathan for some yummy Italian Ice. I tried the Passion Fruit Italian Ice and it was tasty!

Overall, it was a wonderful day. We have really, really enjoyed John's days off, so him going back into work tonight is going to be extra hard:-( Oh well.. That's the joy of being a grown up, I guess!

1 comment:

Alison said...

What a beautiful picture of Princess Brooke LOL :) I love it!!

It sounds like you had a great day. I especially loved the part about making googily eyes at her instead of at each other...so true!