Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thank God For Family

On days like today, I am extra thankful for my family. John woke up at 4 this afternoon from working last night only to be called into work again. I had just put dinner in the oven when he got the call. John and I don't do leftovers and I had all of this food, so I ended up packaging it up and taking it to my mom and dad's for dinner. Ironically enough they were trying to figure out what they would eat. I was so happy to be a help to them:-)

I got to thinking how lucky I am to have so much family so close. I could have gone to my in-law's house or one of my sibling's houses if I hadn't have gone to my parent's. Anybody would have welcomed me with love and open arms. What a blessing!

It's so hard when John works a lot because I HATE to be alone. I thought it would change after I had Brooke, but it hasn't. Being alone depresses and frustrates me. I love having somebody to talk and to spend time with. No, solitude is just not for me. However, John has to work all night tonight on top of his extra 8 hours he pulled this evening. He might not even get to come home on time tomorrow. It appears as though ALONE is what I'll be for a while so I might as well get used to it.

My parents were so cute tonight. My mom got a beautiful new Tommy Hilfiger comforter set for her room, so they were all excited. After I helped my mom put it on her bed, we all went for a walk. We spent the rest of the night just hanging out, talking, and playing with Brooke. While my mom worked out on her elliptical, my dad helped me give Brooke her bath. He was so cute with her and he was HUGE help. My parents are just great friends to me and I hope and pray that 20 years from now, Brooke will feel the same way about John and me.

Well, I should go upstairs and get the princess in bed. I hope everyone is doing well and not feeling quite as lonely as I am right about now.

No comments: