Wednesday, June 13, 2007

One Step Closer to Vacation

John and I have this fun tradition of saving all of our change and spare one dollar bills and putting it into big, huge cup. We paid for $900 of our honeymoon using this method. In December, we had accumulated about $300 in less than a year. I am happy to report, that since last December, we now have about $150 worth of change alone in the cup. If you add up all of our bills and other spare money, we have $207.64 total.

While $207.64 doesn't sound like a whole ton of money, it's nice to be able to take that money with us on our vacations for meals, shopping, etc... We have money in our savings account, but in my opinion, this is more gratifying and must more exciting to watch our money grow. We just love counting it and seeing the many coins start to overflow.

Our vacation plans for this year include going to Florida. My brother's wife's parents have a beach house there. My parents are using it for 10 days, so John and I are going for maybe five days. We are SO excited. It's not until the end of August, but that will just give us more time to grow our cup:-) Brooke will be almost 7 months when we go and I think that that will be such a fun age to be able to take her to the beach and to sightsee around Florida. She will be more interactive and alert!

Well, I'm off to spend some quality time with my husband. Brookie's sleeping, so I want to relax with him for a bit. I hope everyone's doing well!! :-)

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

That sounds like so much fun!! You will have a great time showing Brooke the beach and 7 months is the perfect age for it! :0)