Saturday, June 2, 2007

Happy Half Birthday To Me!

In our family, the girls have a goofy tradition of celebrating half birthday. To make a long story short, we started half birthdays in mockery of a little girl whose birthday was on Christmas. On her half birthday, she would say that that's when she celebrated her birthday, but on Christmas (her real birthday), she would make a big deal if she didn't have a birthday present. Anyways, thanks to a greedy little girl, we now have this wonderful tradition that's evolved into getting nice presents. To celebrate the fact that I am 21 and half, my mom and sister got me a gorgeous new swimsuit. It's PERFECT. It's modest and it doesn't expose all of my "mom body," but it's still cute and young looking. I LOVE it and I actually feel good about myself when I wear it.. which is very rare for me.

Today Brooke and I went to a baby shower for the wife of one of John's high school friends. As she opened up her gifts and got so excited over all of the precious baby gear, it made my remember my baby showers and how antsy I was getting as I was awaiting Brooke's arrival. This girl is not due until mid-August so she still has a little ways to go. She looked SO cute with her big belly and it brought back all of those memories I had of being pregnant. I can't wait for it to be my turn to have another baby. How amazing is it that God chose women to carry new lives into the world? It is the biggest privilege ever, if you ask me.

I got pulled over on the way home from the shower. Oops! I was going 60 in a 45, which I know is bad... especially with Brooke in the car. John was in the seat next to me half asleep and he saw the cop and said, "He's gonna get you. I know he will." So, sure enough, John was right. I wasn't afraid of getting a ticket because they wouldn't write me one because of John, but it was still embarrassing. Luckily, John knew the man personally and it wasn't a big deal. I suppose that I will slow my rear end down in the future!

There's a huge thunderstorm going on right now. I absolutely love storms! I find nothing more relaxing and soothing. Is it safe to be on the computer during a storm? Hmmm.. I guess if I get zapped then we'll know it's not. HAHA!

I hope every one's having a great weekend:-)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday! I'm so glad you enjoy your suit!

Sounds like you had a fun day. I think it's fun to sit back and remember about the way things were. It reminds me of how far I've come.

Love you!!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

That's so funny! Happy half birthday! I just got a new suit too and I love it! I know how you feel!