Thursday, June 28, 2007

Grumpy Girls

I must admit that not only is Brooke horribly grumpy right now, but I am too. We have just had a long, exhausting day. It is all magnified by the fact that I couldn't fall asleep last night to save my life. I was up until 3, WIDE awake. I then had to get us up at 7:30 because I had comitted to cleaning a house with my mother-in-law. Brooke usually doesn't get up until 10 and I usually get much more than 4 and half hours of sleep. That probably is not a great combination!

Anyways, despite our sluggishness, I was able to try out oatmeal with Brooke today. She absolutely devoured it. It's insane how crazy she was about it! She loves her one solid a feeding a day and it has become a very special part of daily routine.

Tomorrow John is taking me out on a date. This is the first time that I have ever left Brooke, so I'm a nervous, to say the very least. Granted, my in-laws are watching her, and I know that they will do great, but I'm just so concerned that she'll have a meltdown or something. I don't want waste this precious time with John worrying, so I'm really going to work on just trying to relax tomorrow night.

OK, I'm am off to go take a nice shower and then completely conk out. I'm pretty sure that I'll fall asleep before my head hits the pillow!!

No comments: