Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bored Senseless

What a boring day this has been! My sister and I had a fun morning just running a few errands and then seeing our mom for lunch. However, I got home at 2:30 and it's been downhill from there.

John has some extra training going on at work this week, so today he had to be at work at 7 A.M and he got home around 1:30. Now he has to be in at work at 11 P.M. tonight. Needless to say, he's very sleepy. I'm trying to be sensitive to his exhaustion, but I am just bored out of my mind. He slept from when I got home this afternoon until I woke him up for dinner at 5:30. While he slept I made barbeque ribs, broccoli and cheese, twice baked potatoes, and fresh strawberries for dinner. I also did more laundry, mopping, dusting, etc.. All this while managing Brooke and keeping her happy, fed, and occupied.

When he woke up, I thought it would be different, but he fell back asleep, so I played with Brooke, cleaned up the mess from dinner, gave Brooke a bath, and read her stories. Now that she's finally eating, I actually have some time to sit and relax for a change.

Days like this just make me so lonely and they just drag and drag. Thank goodness that these days are few and far between.

One quick funny story and then I'm off... Today in the mail I got a letter saying that I had received a top honor of being on the National Dean's List, which is honor only bestowed on approximately one percent of all students. The funny part is that I failed miserably at college and only successfully completed three of my classes. Hmmm.., That makes sense! I laughed hysterically. I'm glad they think so highly of me:-) LOL

No comments: