Friday, June 8, 2007

Me? A Vegetarian? HAHA!

As you all know, I was a vegetarian for almost 11 years. The thought of meat was repulsive and not even remotely appealing to me for all of that time. Last year when I became pregnant with Brooke, I started craving chicken. I was secretly eating chicken behind my family's back because they all used to pick on me for not eating meat. Finally, after continually watching the delicious chicken bypass me at family dinners, I confessed because I couldn't stand it anymore. Lol! Of course my older brother and my dad had a field day with that one and poked LOTS of fun at me!

Anyways, then I got hooked on ham, pork chops, ribs, hamburgers, and most of all STEAK! Now, I'm this meat eating maniac and I crack up at the thought of not eating it for almost 11 years straight. Weird, huh?

It's hilarious because when I was in high school, the guys would all pick on me for my vegetarianism. They started to put pictures of dead chickens and slaughtered cows in my locker just to get a rise out of me. Trust me, at the time, I did NOT think they were funny. Ironically enough, when I was secretly eating meat behind every one's back, I went to the drive-through at a local restaurant and ordered chicken. When I got to the window to pick up my delectable food, one of the same guys who put nasty pictures in my locker at high school was the one who served me my chicken. I passed it off as "my husband's chicken." I am SO weird!

Tonight John took me to the Texas Roadhouse...Which is what made me remember back to the days that I was a vegetarian and I would go to a steak house for a salad. No wonder why people picked on me! Anyways, We had such a nice time. It was just the three of us which is so rare, it seems. That nice big juicy, bloody steak was amazing, but the company was even better!

We're just relaxing now and enjoying some family time. I love my little family so much. We have wonderful times together!

I hope every body's enjoying their weekend:-)

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Sounds like you had a nice time with John on his days off!! Cherish those moments always:0) Such a cute picture of Miss Brooke!!!