Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Worn Out by Wednesdays

Another Wednesday has come and gone, leaving Brooke and me totally fried. Wednesdays are just so crazy with church. Luckily, though, our day started out very fun! Sarah and I took Brooke to the mall. She was such a great baby the whole time. She slept for a good part of the trip, and when she woke up, she was so happy and smiley. I got Brooke 100 dollars worth of Osk Kosh clothes for 38 bucks. You CANNOT beat that! True to my mom's famous saying, "It doesn't matter what you spend, it matters what you save!"

Then we met up with my brother's wife, Amanda at Sam's club, where we got all of the supplies that the church needed, as well as everything we needed to make dinner for the whole church. My parents stopped in on my mom's lunch break and they bought us all pizza for lunch, which was very sweet of them! Looking back on it, that was the most relaxing part of the day.

Finally we got up to the church and Sarah, Amanda and I all juggled Brooke while we made spaghetti and meat sauce and salad for dinner. It was very hot up there, but all of us girls had a nice time together. We laughed a lot and Brooke was SO cooperative, so she didn't slow us down from getting dinner ready.

We always have neighborhood kids come for dinners on Wednesday nights, but today it seemed like there was a million of them. It was the last day of school for them, so they were bouncing off of the walls. It's just so hard to handle serving dinner, taking care of the kids, taking care of MY kid, and then cleaning up the mess. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing it and it's definitely my area of service, but it does become exhausting. The summer months are always difficult because of the heat. However, it's something that I do for the Lord and whenever I become frustrated I remember that it is Him who I am serving, and suddenly I things are put into the proper perspective.

John's schedule for the next three months just came out. We are VERY excited because now he's working the morning shift. YAY! He'll work from 7 A.M. to 3 in the afternoon. A real schedule for the first time in ages!! I cannot wait. He still works 4 days on, 2 days off, so we'll still have the random days off every week. I am trying not to get too excited about this schedule or too used to it, because it seems like it's always changing. The woes of a cop's wife, I suppose!

Well I think that I'm going to take my precious girl upstairs and snuggle up. I'm thinking of watching a movie tonight after John goes to work. That's sounding pretty good right about now!

No comments: