Wednesday, June 6, 2007

No More Neat Freak!

I must confess that I am a bit of a neat freak. I am one of those people that just cannot stand to have an unmade bed, a dirty floor, dirty laundry, dishes in the sink, things out of place, etc.. I just like "a place for everything and everything in its place." It gets so bad that I get almost grumpy or edgy when my house isn't perfect. I have been letting it get to me so bad lately. I does NOT help to have tons of baby gear throughout my house either.

Both my mom and my mother-in-law have both told me that one day when my kids are grown, I will have wished that I had just enjoyed them and that I had not gotten too frustrated by messes or by all of their stuff throughout the house. One of them even told me that they missed the chaotic mess!

With all of that being said, I am really going to work on enjoying Brooke more and not worrying about my house being immaculate at every second of every day. I don't want to raise my kids to think that they can't enjoy their house or be comfortable in it because they'll make me mad if they make a mess. That's no way for anyone to be made to feel!

This is the new Jillian! I still want to be tidy, but I do not want to get angry, anxious, or mean when things aren't in ship shape. That's the goal! I really hope I can make the trasfomation:-)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Good for you for trying to loosen up a bit! And when Brooke becomes mobile, it's going to be increasingly more difficult to keep things in their place. But, that's just part of babyhood. Soon, they'll be helping us put the stuff away.

Enjoy your husband's day off!

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

That's a great goal :0) I'm sure you can do it just fine. Just for the note: I second what Alison said about when they become mobile...they create the messes themselves! I have gotten to the point where if it is a harmless mess then I will let him continue to explore and I will do damage control later. Good for you to realize before it's too late!