Monday, June 25, 2007

Swimming With Grandpa

Today was definitely a scorcher. I'm not sure exactly how hot it was, but it was HOT. John didn't have to work today, so we ended up taking Brooke to the pool in my parent's neighborhood. The water was 78 degrees. Oh my goodness, it felt SO amazing, I hate going in the pool and freeze the whole time. Anyways, we were the only people there, so it was very quiet and relaxing.

It was so funny because John and I had Brooke in the water and we were being really gentle, making sure her face didn't get wet, and putting her in gradually. Then my dad showed up and things changed big time. He put her whole body in and splashed her and he got some water in her face. At first I was kind of nervous about that, but Brooke just looked kind of stunned for a minute and then proceeded to laugh. It was SO much fun!! I can always count on my dad to shock me. He's so great with her, but sometimes I do get a little nervous because I'm a worrying mother!

John has to go back to work tonight which is always a little bit sad for me. I LOVE having him home, so the first night he goes back is the hardest. I am so excited though because these next 4 days are the last ones he has on this shift for a while. We can hardly wait!

Hell's Kitchen's on tonight! I am so excited:-) That show always cracks me up. I wonder if Gordon Ramsey is really that much of a tyrant or if it's for good ratings? My guess is that he really is like that. A little bit of Hollywood of editing can sure change a whole lot.

I'm off to go be with my husband for a little bit longer before he goes to work. I love that guy!

1 comment:

Alison said...

So glad to hear that you had a great day and a fun time swimming. It must be nice to swim in a heated pool - we didn't have the same experience yesterday and BOY was it cold!!

I'm sorry your husband goes back to work tonight, but we'll have the whole day together tomorrow!! YAY!

Love you lots :)