Saturday, June 9, 2007

Completely Exhausted

Last night, I could not fall asleep. I tossed and turned until 1 o'clock and finally slept. Before I knew it, Brooke, the baby who never wakes up until 9:30 or 10, woke me up at about 7 just giggling and kicking away. I had to be up at 7:45 anyways to go to breakfast with my mom and sister, but still, those extra 45 minutes would have been amazing. I tried to get her to eat, and she absolutely refused, so we just hung out until we had to get up.

After battling endless lines and many rude people at Wal Mart, I decided that Brooke and I deserved to go home and take a nice, long nap. Brooke, the baby who always naps and sleeps like a gem, decided that she would rather play instead of nap. Silly me, instead of relaxing while she was happy, I cleaned out my fridge, mopped, did laundry, wiped down the counters in the kitchen, and organized some papers we had lying around.

My cleaning came to a screaching hault when Brooke started screaming. She hadn't eaten much all day, so I tried to feed her, and again, she didn't have too much interest in eating. So intead of eating, we played fun games and had deep conversations together. She just laughing and cooed. It was great to see her so happy! It always makes everything else in the world seem so minute and insignificant. Finally she was hungry, so I fed her and then held her on my chest while she took her nap. If I was smart I would have taken my nap then, but Roger Clemens was pitching for the Yankees, so I couldn't sleep. I was much too captivated by the game!

When John woke up, we went to the Franklin Graham Festival. Let me just say, I'm so glad that the festival came to this area to witness to people and try to make a difference for eternity. That's amazing. HOWEVER.. I do not, I repeat, DO NOT, recommend taking a small baby to TEEN night where loud music is inevitable and where tons and tons of people are surrounding you and carelessly knocking into you. Brooke got a little bit fussy until her daddy took her and put her to sleep. I tried feeding her there on numerous occassions, but she refused... I'm assuming because she was MUCH too distracted to eat. We ended up leaving early to miss the traffic out of the area and we just now got home.

I can hardly keep my eyes open and I have a headache. I just put the princess to sleep, so I think I'm going to go join her. I might just fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow!

No comments: