Friday, June 29, 2007

Mommy and Daddy time

Tonight was mine and John's first night out together since Brooke was born. It's crazy to think that we haven't been alone for almost 5 months. I was really worried and concerned about leaving Brooke. I left 3 notepad pages full of instructions and information for my in-law's. However, the night I had been so afraid of turned into a wonderful night with my husband.

John took me to a really nice restaurant called Number 5. The restaurant was so fancy that it gave me a chance to wear a pretty dress and my wedding pearls which is always fun! We both had the filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, and a really awesome spinach salad with bacon, eggs, and cheese. Then for the dessert, we split a piece of homemade New York style cheesecake. At the end of our meal, they gave us warm cloths to wash our hands up with. Most importantly though, it was so nice to be able talk and laugh together withtout juggling Brooke in between.

I fed Brooke before I left, which was around 6:30, and then I left her oatmeal for her so she wouldn't get hungry. She does NOT drink from a bottle, so I was hoping my in-laws didn't need to tap into my frozen supply. They fed her her cereal around 7:45, then gave her bath, and when I got home at 9, she was sleeping soundly in my mother-in-law's arms. When I got home, we put Brooke in her crib, and now 45 minutes later, I have a bathed and sleeping baby. All that worry and anxiety for nothing!

My father-in-law did something very special and helpful for us also. When we came home, he had cleaned out our basement for us. We had our old washing machine down there as well as an old fridge and toilet. He put those in his truck to take them to the dump and he also cleaned up any trash we had lying around. It looks so nice down there and now I won't be quite as scared when I do my laundry. I cannot believe how hard he worked just to help us out. SO amazing!

Well, my princess is sleeping so I'm thinking I'm going to go relax a bit myself! I hope everyone is doing well:-)

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! As sad as it is to leave your baby, it is nice to get out and have alone time with your husband. You'll have to do it more often!!

Hope you have a nice day off today - more family time for you! Hooray :)