Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Brooke, the BIG Girl

Today I went to my mom's work to see her for lunch. At her work was her boss' daughter, who has a one month old baby girl. This was the first time since Brooke was born that I had been around a newer baby than her. I got to hold the little baby and I could not believe how big my Brooke seemed. I said to the baby's mom that I didn't ever think Brooke was that small. However, Sarah (her baby) was over 10 pounds. Isn't that crazy how when your baby is 10 pounds it seems so big? Now that Brooke is 15 pounds, 10 pounds just seems tiny. I must say that as I held Sarah, who is still a lethargic, quiet little baby, I wished for a moment that I remembered more about Brooke's days as a tiny infant. Though it did cause me to feel a little bit sad as I reminisced, one look at my beautiful, smiling princess made me LOVE the fact that she's older now. This whole experience today makes me just want to slow down and treasure each moment with Brooke more than I already do.

For all of you breastfeeding mommies out there... What do you do when your baby bites you? Brooke has no teeth yet, so she's just biting me with her gums. Holy cow though, it is AWFUL. She bites so hard and refuses to let go. I've tried sternly telling her to stop and she just looks up at me and smiles. I don't want her to become afraid of eating because I yell at her, but I do want to fix this before she gets teeth. Any input would be great:-)

I am off to go watch the Yankees now. They've been having such an awful season which is extremely frustrating. Hopefully they don't disappoint me tonight!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

about the biting - either break the suction with your finger and take her off for a minute (she'll associate her action of biting with the loss of food - might take a few tries) or pull her in really close and tight (makes it impossible for her to bite). hope you can make it stop! pain makes it no fun at all!