Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Relaxing Lunch Gone Bad

We went to my parent's house today for our typical Sunday afternoon lunch. We were celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday, so we were all enjoying nice conversation and a delicious ice cream cake. In the recliner, John and Brooke were so sweetly cuddled up together and dozing off. It was perfect!!

However, the next thing I knew, I heard Brooke poop, but I thought I would wait a minute to make sure she was done. She then proceeded to fuss, so my sister, wanting to help us out, went to take her from John. As she picked her up, Alison said, "Why are you all wet??" I looked over at my husband, whose pants were covered in poop, and then over at Brooke, whose whole body and clothes were also covered in poop, and immediately thought, "NOT GOOD!"

In the background, my goofy brother is saying, "OK, I'm eating my dessert here and I can't have this." So he took his precious cake and left the scene. He doesn't do bodily functions well. It was so funny because his wife, Amanda, was nudging him to shut up the whole time!

John was still planted in the recliner. He was sitting completely still, so as to avoid a bigger mess. The look on his face was, of course, priceless.

I don't think my brother-in-law looked up from his laptop he was working on. He has a 10 month old, so really, what would faze him?

My mom was running around getting towels to put Brooke on while my sister held Brooke away from her like she was holding.. well, a baby covered in poop.

In the background, my dad is saying, "Let's give that baby a bath in the sink!" He left to run the water.

Meanwhile, Nathan, is running around, as happy and as unfazed as he could possibly be.

My sister was so sweet because she had poop all over her, and she didn't complain once. She started to undress Brooke the Alison way.. Strategically, orderly, and organized. I must say, her method got Brooke's onesie off without getting any poop in her hair. Thanks Aunt Alison!!

After taking the heavily soiled clothes off of Brooke, my mom, sister, my sister-in-
law, and I all crammed into the bathroom and gave the screaming princess a bath. It was a pitiful sight.

It was hilarious to me to see every single member of my family react to such a relatively small thing in such drastically different ways.

I am pretty sure that it's safe to say, "Life will never be boring again."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jillian, this was hilarious! I can just picture each family member exactly how you described. Maybe Brooke will want to eat more now that she's all cleaned out!

psd said...

What a funny story. You must put that in her baby book. Poor Johnny I can see his face now! The most precious part though is your whole family jumping in to save the day. What a blessing to have so many that love you guys.