Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Baby Steps!!!!!!

I excitedly report to you that my baby took her first steps today!!!!!! She's only 9 and a 1/2 months old. How could this be possible? I started walking at 9-months so this must just be my pay back. Lol! She took 2 steps and John I just thought that it was a lucky try for her. However, she continued to take 2 steps at a time throughout the night. John and I were ecstatic and of course we called everyone we know to tell them the wonderful (but scary!) news.

I remember when Brooke started to roll over that we thought it was just the most amazing thing in the universe. That seems like just yesterday and now she's WALKING. She's just growing up way too quickly for her mama! She can definitely take the steps but she reverts back to crawling so often because she's super quick at crawling. I'm thinking it will take her a few weeks or months until she starts walking as her primary method of mobility. I guess we'll see!

John has off until Friday night! I'm so excited. That means that we have the next 3 days and nights together. What a treat! I'm really looking forward to enjoying some quality time with him this week. His birthday is on Sunday so I'm trying to plan something romantic for us. Hopefully I figure something out. We have this thing at church tomorrow night where you have to make some European food (odd, I know) so John and I are spending the afternoon making homemade pierogies tomorrow. I'm really excited because he's so interested in learning how to cook. I've never made the recipe but it looks like a blast and fairly easy too. It will be a nice way to spend an afternoon with one another (and Brookie too, of course!).

I was so pleasantly surprised to see that I got comments on my last post! I honestly blog for ME because it's a nice daily release for me, but whenever I get comments, it just makes my day. So thank you Stacy and Alissa for making my day that much more exciting.

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

wow, she's walking already? you're in for it now :-P it must be so cute to watch her! Marissa is still nursing about once a week or so...she asks every day, but I can usually distract her with her sippy cup or some toys. it's so weird to not be nursing anymore, but i guess since i'm pregnant, i'll be nursing again before too long :-)
glad i made your day with the comment :-)