Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nor'easter?

We were supposed to get this huge storm last night into today. Everyone was stocking up on groceries. This was evident by town being PACKED all day yesterday. You couldn't move anywhere you went. Our church was also cancelled and John geared up for a long, treacherous night at work. Everyone was waiting on this dumb storm.

I woke up this morning to no precipitation. Nothing. I guess it had been sleeting all night while John was at work but he said that it stopped this morning, just in time for his commute home. Around noon or so we started to get some pretty heavy ice, but that only lasted for about an hour. After that, it turned to snow. The snow was with us on and off for a few hours and then it stopped. Apparently it's supposed to rain tonight and that's the end of it. Wow, I'm really glad that I geared up for this humongous storm! Ha!

With the uncertainty of the storm we ended up staying in all day long. John woke up at 1 so it really wasn't too long or lonely of a day. Brooke kept me well entertained and cracking up for much of the day so I had no time to be bored! She's hilarious.. She's been going UP the stairs for months now and she's still fascinated by doing so. However, she just learned that she can go DOWN them, as well. So instead of chasing her up the stairs all day, I now sit in limbo, halfway up the stairs. She likes to go up a few stairs and then down a few, which takes her forever to reach the top. I don't want to get a gate for the stairs because she enjoys that activity so much and it really is good exercise for her. I guess I'll tolerate it for her happiness! Man, it sure is exhausting though!

Well, other than the fact that were caged in by some ridiculous storm, we have nothing new to report over here. John has to work tonight but then has Monday and Tuesday night off so we're very excited about that! I'm off to enjoy Extreme Home Makeover with my hubby. Until next time...

No comments: