Monday, December 10, 2007

Teeth #5 & #6 Are Here!

Brooke has 2 new top teeth! They are completely cut through the gums and I am so excited because she has been so happy that I would have never guessed that she was teething. This morning she was a little fussy and all she wanted to do was nurse and be held, but throughout the early morning and the early afternoon she was a true joy to be around.

Later this afternoon she took an hour and a half nap. She woke up happy, but so, so, so clingy. For almost 2 hours she wasn't content to do anything by lay in my arms and snuggle or nurse. She wasn't grumpy or anything, just extra dependent on me, which is great. I love snuggling days with my princess. I think that her gums must have just been bothering her and she knew that I would comfort her and make her feel better. I absolutely LOVE being her mother. I had such a precious day of relaxation with her. I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything in the universe. It's such gift and privilege to be a mommy:-)

Brooke did get VERY fussy before bed tonight so I gave her some teething tablets and a dose of Tylenol and she's been out for awhile now. I hope that she sleeps well. The only difference in her behavior lately has been that she's been waking up screaming pretty frequently. She's never been one to wake up very often so I thought that she was just growing and needed to eat more or that she was regressing in her sleep patterns. Silly me, she's just been teething these last few nights. I can't believe that I let this one slip by me. I feel so bad now because if I had realized that she was teething I would have helped her more by giving her medicines and things. I guess all I can do is try better next time.

John and I went to the mall with Ali and Mr. Nathan tonight. We had such a blast together. We rented one of those double strollers that looks like a racing car. Brooke and Nathan had a total blast and they didn't fuss once the whole trip. What fun! John and I bought Brookie her first pair of Nike's tonight. We're saving them for Christmas and it's going to be so hard waiting to put them on her. They're pink, of course, and they are so cute. John's always looked forward to buying her her first Nike's (he's a Nike snob) so this was a special day for us. I also got a $44 Izod shirt for myself for $9.99. Have I ever mentioned that I love a bargain?? I feel so happy about my purchase now!

I suffered a HUGE disappointment today. I know that it's minimal compared to starvation, sickness, homelessness, etc... But it's pretty upsetting in my little world. Shift bids are going on at John's work, meaning that everyone gets to pick which shifts they want to work the most. Those with seniority get to work the shifts they want and those who are lower on the totem poll (like John) pretty much get the crappy leftovers. Well, there was a huge possibility that John was going to work days because people are transferring off of the day shift. I was all excited and picturing how awesome that would be for our little family. Well, now it looks like John will be stuck on nights again (for at LEAST 6 months). While nights aren't as bad as the evening shift, there is still no comparison to John working the day shift. I know that God is good and that John has a great job, but it's so hard to not resent the stupid police force for the impact it has on my life. I guess I shouldn't have counted my chickens before they hatched!

Okie doke, I'm off to go make John's lunch (or midnight snack) for work and then I'm going to enjoy a few minutes with him before he leaves for work.

No comments: