Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snow Day!

We have been snowed in for most of the day. I'm not sure of the exact amount of snow we got, but I believe that it was somewhere around a foot. I am so thankful that John had the day off and that we had the chance to be closed in as a family.

Last night we were hoping that the snow wouldn't start until later this morning because we are running MEGA low on groceries. However, the snow started around 7 or 8this morning and Brooke let us sleep until 10:30. By that time, the roads were impossible for a trip to the grocery store. Oh well, we made due with what we had. I guess I learned my lesson to go grocery shopping BEFORE a storm! By dinner time our road was actually plowed so Ali had us over for dinner. She saved us all from the creative dinner that I would have made out of my few ingredients I have on stock. Lol! So, first thing tomorrow I'll be on my way to Wal Mart to do my dreaded grocery shopping. YUCK!

This winter has already been awful and it's not even technically winter yet. We're supposed to get a really, really bad storm on Sunday. I heard that we could potentially get around 3 feet of snow. Yikes! I sure hope that the weather reports are wrong. As I kid I loved being snowed in but as an adult it's just so different. John's job requires that he goes in, regardless of the weather conditions, so it's just an enormous inconvenience for us all.

CALLING ALL BREASTFEEDING MOMMIES: Brooke has this odd attachment to my boobs still. The only thing that she wants to do is sit at my breast all day. She's OK to suck slowly and not really even eat so I know that she's not doing it because she's starving. Although, sometimes she acts really hungry, even though I just nursed her. At times she just sits there and talks to me and laughs at me, but the second I put my boob away she freaks out. I don't know what this is or how to handle it. Honestly, I think that she nursed for half the day today. I'm not even exaggerating. I don't know if this is her form of separation anxiety or if she's really hungry for some reason, but to be truthful, it's kind of driving me insane. She's been waking up more to nurse and I'm baffled. Does anyone have any clue why this is going on? Every time I put her down today or gave her to John she had a conniption and the only way she would be consoled was by nursing. Just when I think I have her figured out she goes and does this! Lol

Well, John's back to work tonight:-( The snow stopped hours ago so I'm hoping and praying that he has a safe night at work. I'm off to pack his lunch...

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Hmmm, about the breastfeeding. I remember Marissa had a horrible sleeping period right at 10 months, and I just about died. She might be going through a growth spurt. Also, right before I really started weaning Marissa, she was doing that. It seemed to me that she was really just bored of her toys and doing anything else, and she knew she could always nurse and it was enjoyable. Try setting limits for her (if you want :-)) like nurse the first time she asks, then try to distract her with toys, a snack, or a sippy cup. A lot of the time, Marissa was just thirsty too, and I started giving her milk in a sippy cup when she got like that. When I started doing that, I realized that I wasn't going to use the "self-weaning" method for Marissa because I just couldn't do it that long. It's kind of the start of weaning once you set limits. It just lets her know you're in charge instead of her. It totally went against everything in me though, for a while, because I was so used to nursing her "on demand" all the time and I felt bad depriving her of something she so obviously needed and enjoyed. Well, sorry to write a book on here, but I hope it's been some of a help! She's such a cutie in those pictures too!