Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy Birthday John!

Today is my husband's 25Th birthday! Man, 25 just sounds so old to me for some reason. I keep reminding him that he's half way to 50. Lol!

Brookie and I got him a really nice knife for work. He wanted one to have on his duty belt in case he ever needs one so I went to the store and had some help picking one out. ME... Buying a knife?? That was humorous. I said to the man, "My husband's a cop and I need to buy a knife for him. What do you recommend?" Of course he laughed at my total ignorance in knife selection, but ultimately we ended up picking out a great knife that John loves. Yay for us! I also got John a Sabres hat and I'm taking him out to a romantic dinner on Tuesday night. I can't wait for that!

John had to work last night and it figures that he got home a half an hour late, at 8this morning. He slept the morning away and then he woke up to watch his Buffalo Bills WIN! I think that the Buffalo win was his favorite birthday gift. Ha!

After awhile we went to John's parent's house where we had a joint birthday party for the both of us. We got so many nice things! Collectively we got 2 free movie passes, a $50 gift card to the movies (DATE NIGHT!!), a Pyrex set, the new Life game (that has the debit card instead of money), a gift card to Cold Stone Creamery, and money. My father-in-law, who's a mechanic, did a break job on our car for us and they paid for all of the parts. That was our big present and we were very thankful to be spared of the expense. Thanks guys! My in-laws also got me some sweaters, which was very sweet of them. We are so loved:-)

Because it's my husband's birthday, I would just like to say that I'm so thankful to be married to him. He is such a wonderful guy who takes amazing care of his family and I'm truly honored that I am his wife. I'm so excited to be able to grow old with him and to see what the future has in store for us. So many people search for their whole lives to find that special someone and I feel so blessed to have already found my prince charming. Every night that I send him out to work in the cold, snow and wind, I am constantly reminded that he would do anything in the universe to take care of our needs and to provide for Brooke and me. He has afforded me the amazing luxury of staying home with our baby and he never complains about all of the hard work he has to do. I love you John! You're my best friend and I'm so proud of you:-)

John has tonight off because he has to go to some firearms training or something all day tomorrow. That means that I get to sleep next to him on his birthday night! Yay! OK, well I'm going to go snuggle up next to my birthday boy.

No comments: