Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Sleepy and Thirsty Bug

John went into work last night with an upset stomach. He thought it was just something he ate so pressed on and diligently went to work. Before he left the house he was guzzling water like crazy. We talked around midnight and off to bed I went. Little did I know, he was at work upset to his stomach all night long:-( He said he had a wicked busy night too with several arrests and he just had to rise above the sickness and carry on. While he was at work, Brooke was awake for much of the night. She demanded having my nipple in her mouth for most of the night and she screamed every time I unlatched her. Talk about a long night...

I woke up this morning to John throwing up in the bathroom. Poor guy! He said that he felt totally fine once he threw up and then he went to bed until 12:30 this afternoon. He doesn't work tonight so he always wakes up early when has the night off.

Anyways, when I got up for the day, I began to realize that I was sick too:-( I have this unsatiable thirst (like John did) and I have absolutely NO energy. My stomach is uneasy, though I have yet to throw up. I tried to go about my day like normal, thinking that it would fix everything, only to discover that I didn't have enough energy to do much of anything. Brooke was super fussy this morning so after a bit she and I took an hour and 45 minute nap on the couch. When I woke up, I still felt like I got hit by a truck and I had absolutely NO energy. I've never felt so exhausted in my life (except for maybe the first trimester of pregnancy.. And NO, I'm not pregnant).

I was so frustrated because I just knew that I wouldn't get to rest or anything the rest of the day, with John being sick and all. However, he woke up feeling a lot better and he decided to take Brookie to the mall to do some Christmas shopping. Normally I would have argued and begged to go with them, but today I kicked them out of the house and slept for 2 hours! It was so strange being able to sleep and not have to worry about Brooke. I forgot what that was like! I woke up still feeling completely exhausted, but my stomach didn't hurt as much as it did.

Tonight John and I had our special dinner out planned and because we both had an appetite we decided to go. The food at this place was mediocre, but we enjoyed the nice atmosphere and most importantly, one another. Brooke had a blast at my parent's house. When we went to pick her up she was having so much fun that she didn't even acknowledge John or me. My parents didn't want us to take her home they were enjoying her so much. What a relief that I can leave her with people and know that she'll be OK.

So, John and I are completely wiped out and we're both inhaling water. Hopefully a good night's rest will fix this all. I'm off to bed. I sure hope Brooke cooperates with our plan to SLEEP tonight!

No comments: