Thursday, December 27, 2007

Can You Say CROWDED?????

Ugh, I'm feeling so annoyed about our house hunt right now. It's just so frustrating because there's NOTHING out there in our price range right now. Yeah, we can be approved for a wonderful, beautiful home... But because I'm a stay-at-home-mom, we don't want to bind our resources to the max on a house. We still want to be able to live freely and comfortably and give to the Lord.

It makes it even more frustrating when I look around our house and see baby stuff EVERYWHERE. I totally don't mind the baby things, I mean I DID sign up for this... It's just that have absolutely no room for anything and each new toy that Brookie gets is crammed into yet another crevice of our 1000 square foot home. I love our home and I'm so thankful that God has placed a roof over our head, but it really is time to move on and get something that fits our needs more efficiently.

As you all know, John's brother is going to be buying our house. He is getting married at the end of May and we talked it over last night and he said that he can wait until April for us to buy a house. Our realtor advised us to find an apartment instead of giving up a buyer because buyers are a hard thing to come upon in this market. So, if we don't find a house by then, it looks like we'll moving into an apartment for a few months until we find the perfect house. I sure hope it doesn't come to that!

We search the listings every day. When we find one that looks promising we go to visit it only to discover that it's horrid! We're working with a reasonable price range too, so you would think that we could find a semi-decent home!

I know that God has promised us that He will provide for our needs. I know that He is faithful and that nothing but nothing is too big for Him. I love the verse that says, "My thoughts are bigger than your thoughts. My ways are bigger than your ways." That's crazy to think that though this seems insurmountable to me, God already has the perfect house lined up for us and He knows the end result. I'm just really working on having faith and not allowing my finite, human mind to destroy that. It's so easy to think from a worldly perspective and not like God desires for us to think.

It's also really hard because it's tempting to think how nice of a house we could have if I worked. I would never, EVER go to work because I know that raising Brooke is much more important than a stupid house. It's easy to caught up in my materialistic desires and think like that, but it only lasts for a split second. One look at my daughter reassures me that being in the home is where God has called me... And I'm not budging! 20 years from now my kids aren't going to care about the house they lived in, but they are going to care about the mom they had that was there for them.

So, please be in prayer for us. Before we know it this will all be settled, but in the mean time, I need to patient and wait on the Lord. Hopefully I'll learn what I'm supposed to from all of this! That's what matters!

No comments: