Saturday, December 15, 2007

How Can She Be 10-Months-Old Already??

Dearest Brooke,

Since you were born,

~I dream more extravagantly, loved more deeply, and laugh louder.

~I've felt like I'm truly living my dream by being your mommy.

~I've cherished our countless hours of play-time on the floor of our living room.

~I've been honored to wipe your nose, change your messy diapers, clean up your throw up, and give you baths.

~I've loved picking out your outfit every morning and dressing you (even though you roll away from me).

~I've treasured the endless hours of nursing you. As I sit and watch you eat, I have the joy of praying over you, caressing you, tickling your feet, and playing with your hair.

~I've learned that everything just can't be picture perfect. You make messes and I've come to realize that that's FINE!

~I've watched you sleep.

~I've put your needs before mine because I love you more than life itself. Your happiness is mine.

~I've interceded for you before the throne of God. I pray for you every night before you go to bed.

~I've been mesmerized by you as you develop so quickly. Each day you show me something new that you can do and watching you complete new tasks gives me so much excitement!

~I've been your biggest fan as you reach new accomplishments.

~I've wished that I could just slow down life and digest every day as it comes. Life with you is going by MUCH too quickly.

~I've feared losing you but I have ultimately realized that you're God's baby, not mine.

~I've cried for you and with you and I've laughed with you and at you.

~I've felt the pressure to be the best I can be every day to give you the mommy you deserve.

There's nothing in the world that I wouldn't do for you, Brooke. I love you with all of my heart and I will ALWAYS be here for you. Even when you mess up, my arms will be wide open with compassion and love to restore you. I can't wait to watch you grow through the years!

I love you, princess!

Mama

Then:

My cone head girl...


The morning after she was born. Notice that the cone head is gone??


Now... 10 months later. These were taking tonight in her Christmas jammies.

I know that her head's cut off here, but I love her mischievous look that she's giving her. That's my crazy girl for you!






Up the stairs she goes. What a shock!


There's that mischievous face again...


She is so fascinated with clothes baskets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The words are so special you should print that and put it in her baby book. Thank you for sharing the pictures they bring tears to your eyes!