Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Rocket Ship Tour"

My dad is so goofy! Ever since I can remember he has called quick trips "rocket ship tours." So, today, Ali, Nathan, my dad, Brooke and I, all took a quick trip (as most NORMAL people call it!) to the outlet malls. Alison needed some new shoes for Nathan and I just had nothing else to do so I tagged along. It's only about an hour and a half away, so it really isn't that bad.

Anyways, I got the wonderful pleasure of sitting in the back seat with Brookie and Nathan on the way there. They were such a blast! They really were. They kept laughing hysterically at one another and at me. We sang songs and read books and played all manner of silly games. They kept passing their toys back and forth and there was even some crying about who had what. The biggest fights were over Brooke's silly little doll. Lol! I'm telling you, these babies ate the ENTIRE way there. They had Goldfish, Kix, a cereal bar, and tiny pieces of candy cane (as a special treat) that kept them pacified. Neither one of them was too interested in lunch. I wonder why?? LOL! Towards the very end of our journey both of the kids started to freak out. Luckily the screaming was minimal and they cheered up immediately upon getting out of the car.

This rocket ship tour was just to go in a few of the stores. None of us wanted to make it an all day affair. I wasn't planning on really spending any money but I saw a sale that was too wonderful to pass up at Osh Kosh. They had racks and racks full of clothes that were marked down 70%! They also had tons of $3.99 shirts too. Though I wanted the whole store, I figured I should try to practice frugality, seeing as how it's Christmas time and we have lots of other expenses. I did get Brooke some adorable overalls with a matching shirt. A $52 value for... $15!!!!! It's so cute too. I feel happy about my purchase:-) I'm going to wrap that up with her other Christmas presents so she has to wait to wear it.

It's crazy because Brooke only nursed 4 times today. It was so odd to not have her latched on to me the whole day. I guess my little girl is growing up and depending less and less on me to nourish her. She's just so curious about REAL food that nursing sometimes plays second fiddle. A little sad...

For about a month now we have been struggling with Brooke's sleep. She TOTALLY regressed in her sleeping patterns and I am thrilled to report that she's almost completely back on track... Sleeping for at least 6 or 7 hours in a row without waking. Before this whole sleep regression crap hit us she was sleeping from 7 to 4:30 or 5, and now she's sleeping from 7 until maybe 3 or 4. The last month or so she had been waking up at 9:30. 11:30, and 1:30 to nurse so I'll take the strides she's making. It will improve! Babies go through stages like this.

Well, I'm off to go make John's lunch. I wish I didn't have to send him to work tonight:-( Someone has to pay the bills, I suppose! Before I go though, I do have a cute picture for you:

This was taken at the Outback the other night. My silly sister put a cloth napkin on Brooke's head and we all thought that this picture was so precious.

No comments: